Sunday 19 April 2020

19 April 2020 SAW Poetry Wall



Congratulations to Joan Frondigoun on her winning entry for the Poetry Wall competition of the Scottish Association of Writers Annual (on-line) 2020 Conference.
                         


Poetry Wall Trophy  



Joan’s winning poem  was
 'Remembrance Day'


For Gavin - 03/07/1964 – 19/03/2010

        I remember you
        Not because of any designated day

        But because I cannot stop the memories of you

        And every day and night since you received the mortal blow

        Has been ‘Remembrance’ day and night for me

        I remember you

        Not because of any military conflict

        But because every day you fought a war

        For what you thought was right for you and yours

        I saw the weary battle in your eyes and in your walk

        I heard it in your voice

        Your battlefield was life and all that’s in it

        Your weapons grit and guts and love and wit

        And work and work and work.


                                     Joan Frondigoun

No comments: